Director of Sales, Brooklyn NY
The primary focus of the Director of Sales is to lead, manage, and motivate team members selling the AREAWARE product portfolio throughout the world. Responsibilities include meeting productivity, sales and financial goals while developing team capability and furthering customer relationships. A high percentage of the Sales Director’s time and efforts will be spent on international business development and strategy. Additionally, the Sales Director will lead the entire sales team and cultivate partnerships that are formed and developed with the company’s sales network, including both Outside Sales Groups and International distributors. The Director of Sales will work closely with Creative, Operations, Customer Service and Finance. This position reports to the Chief Design Officer.
International Business Development:
- Supporting and growing existing partnerships with our international distributors
- Finding and onboarding new international partners
- International strategy and planning
Effective sales management:
- Develop sales plan to obtain annual sales objectives
- Accurately forecasting and reporting on monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue streams
- Identifying potential sales opportunities and providing planning and direction for the Domestic Wholesale Manager and their team.
- Building and managing a motivational compensation plan for all inside sales reps that balances individual and company goals in a fair and consistent manner
- Work with Domestic Wholesale Manager and Director of Communications to lead effective Sales Marketing initatives
- Supporting the team with daily interaction pertaining to productivity, customer interactions, sales initiatives, schedules, assignments, customer/lead response, and sales progression.
- Support and manage team and management interactions that occur for business opportunities. Operational and cross-functional support is also an attribute of this task.
- Actively manage Inside Sales Representative compliance with the company CRM tool. This includes, but is not limited to all customer information, contacts, forecasts, sales opportunities, and pipelines. Coordinate additional training or support where needed.
- Recruit, interview, and coordinate on-boarding new employees in conjunction with executive team. Perform regularly scheduled performance, productivity, and sales reviews with all sales team direct reports.
- Actively manages sales meetings by sharing market intelligence, best practices, strategies, and ideas.
- Develop In-depth knowledge of AREAWARE products as well as detailed awareness of competitive company’s strengths and weaknesses. Ability to support or coordinate training as needed.
- Developing market intelligence for technology advancements or changes that are occurring within the market.
- Provides feedback to Creative team on product sales trends and customer
Required Skills / Knowledge
- Minimum experience of five years of sales management with a demonstrated ability to lead a sales organization. No candidates lacking this experience will be considered.
- International sales experience Is a must.
- A deep understanding of the overall retail landscape and Areaware’s position in it, with specific category knowledge preferred in some or all of the following: housewares, toys and gifts
- A demonstrated ability to connect, engage, and lead team members to obtain business and developmental objectives
- The capability to arrange, organize, and conduct meetings in an effective manner
- The ability to analyze data efficiently through CRMs, spreadsheets and other reporting tools that allow for strategic territory and forecasting assessment
- The manager should be proficient in understanding new technology, adaptable to change, self-motivated, prompt, and exceptionally organized
- Specific Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
This position may require up to 40% travel to and from current or potential client and vendor sites, conferences, trade fairs, seminars and/or training sessions.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and pension plan.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Director of Sales" in the subject line.