Product Development Coordinator, Brooklyn, NY
The product development coordinator provides overall product development assistance and research support under the guidance of senior staff. The product development coordinator will execute tasks at all stages of project cycles, from preliminary planning through to final design and implementation. This position is responsible for supporting tasks required for the sourcing and development of new products, as well as communicating daily with vendors on production.
This position reports to the Product Development Manager.
Responsibilities Include -
- Unpack, photograph, label product samples, and assist in shipping
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets
- Maintain sample archive and material library
- Log emails and communication on Basecamp
- Schedule physical and virtual meetings with designers and vendors
- Assist in sample and mock up creation
- Coordinate design changes for reordered products as necessary, under direction of the PDM
- Provide support to PDM as required, including researching costs, sourcing, and comparative products
- Responsible for the product development of several skus each season, under direction of the PDM
- Communicate directly with vendors for design and development samples
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve margin requirements
- Meet key dates established by PDM
- Responsible for production artwork management, including creation when necessary
- Communicate project status weekly with PDM
- Problem solve design and development issues with PDM
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related field.
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized, and a strong communicator.
- Demonstrates multi-tasking skills working in a fast-paced environment.
- 1-3 years working in product development or related role.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in CAD software, preferably Rhino
- Microsoft Office/Google Sheets
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Alex Sperrazza at email@example.com