Sales Representative, Brooklyn, NY
Areaware is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong organizational skills to join the Sales department. The qualified candidate must be able to prioritize and manage many accounts and customer needs on a daily basis, establishing clear and effective communication with customers, Customer Service, and management. This role contributes to the success of our Sales team by managing a significant number of existing independent retail partners within the specified territory while also prospecting for new retailers to represent Areaware product offering. Strong candidates possess keen attention to detail and strong communication/collaboration skills along with proficiency in MS Office programs.
Reports to: Director of Sales
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly plus Bonus
Work Days: Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM, occasional weekends for Trade Shows
Travel: <10% as needed
Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Manage daily inbound sales inquiries from existing customers within defined territory.
- Active daily sales outreach to existing customers to grow Areaware business and offer exceptional sales/customer service support to our retail partners.
- New account prospecting to develop partnerships in new independent retailers within defined territory to progress toward greater marketplace penetration in appropriate channels.
- Track all daily activity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for successful account management.
- Report customer needs and issues, product and marketplace feedback, and trends to Director of Sales to support Areaware best serving its independent retail partners.
- Review weekly progress with Director of Sales to ensure effective progress toward monthly, quarterly and yearly territory goals.
- Conduct in-person meetings with local customers as appropriate.
- Resolves customer issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
- Learn how Areaware products work and effectively communicate selling points to customers
- Monitor marketplace by gathering current information pricing, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques
- Deliver orders and account paperwork to Customer Service team in a clean, organized, and efficient manner.
- Attend select trade shows with Sales team representing Areaware brand and product.
- Attend and participate in sales and marketing meetings as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree and suggested two years of experience in sales. Previous account ownership and knowledge of CRM systems is a bonus.
- Strong organizational skills, flexible attitude, attention to detail, aptitude for working with many people, and ability to deal with a rapidly shifting workload.
- Strong written and spoken presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to create and analyze reports and sense of urgency in meeting deadlines
- Pro-active, professional, positive attitude, and the diplomatic ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Areaware is a New York City based producer of everyday objects that are functional and unusual. Our goal is to create thoughtful products that inspire an emotional response. We like to think we have a good sense of humor and that our objects are poetic. We wish to create a forum for young and local talent and together become a strong voice for American design. We believe that appreciation for beauty is central to what it means to be alive and want to embody this principle in even the simplest things.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org