Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Work Days: Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM, occasional weekends for Trade Shows
Travel: <10% as needed
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Areaware is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This individual will be responsible for the creation and dissemination of marketing, brand, and product-related content across all marketing channels, including web, social media, print media, packaging, and in-person events. This person will be the primary point of contact for press. The Marketing and Content Coordinator must have a strong knowledge of current movements and practitioners in product design, graphic design, and contemporary art; strong technical and creative writing skills; an ability to create and direct compelling imagery; and the drive to develop inventive and effective marketing plans and materials for design-driven products.
This position reports to the Communications Director, with cross-functionality in Sales.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator partners with the Communications Director and Graphic Designer on the production of marketing material and packaging content, on language used in and around exhibitions and catalogs, and Sales and Marketing on the authorship of press releases and announcements for our different markets.
- Create and manage marketing programs in collaboration with the Communications Director and Sales
- Serve as primary point person for incoming and outgoing press inquiries, including image and sample requests
- Create all press-related materials, including press kits and story pitches, and track hits
- Co-author all company copy, including mission statement, brand messaging, product descriptions, and product names
- Generate ideas for, post to, and maintain all social media channels
- Drive creation of all marketing content, including email campaigns, web posts, and images for use on social media, with support from Graphic Design and Sales
- Optimize content on Areaware B2C website, driving traffic, purchases, and elevating brand image
- Schedule and create email campaigns to retailers, B2C customers, and press using Mailchimp
- Conceptualize and implement innovative communications efforts for the Areaware brand, beyond day-to-day communications
- A thorough understanding of Areaware’s products and brand
- An understanding of the design industry, including designers, retailers, competitors and press
- Excellent technical and creative writing skills
- Excellent image making skills and an ability to represent ideas visually
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of and passion for social media, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Self-driven and independent; ability to manage multiple schedules and budgets simultaneously
- BA or BFA in Journalism, Visual Arts, Creative Writing, Marketing, Literature, Business or a combination
- 3 years of experience in marketing, communications, design, visual arts or related field
- Proficiency in Google Analytics desired
- Working knowledge of basic HTML, front-end web development desired
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance and pension plan.
Please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. This position is non-exempt based on the FLSA laws.