Product Development Coordinator, Brooklyn, NY
Areaware is seeking a highly motivated individual with strong organizational skills to join our product development team. The product development coordinator provides overall product development assistance and research support under the guidance of senior staff. The product development coordinator will execute tasks at all stages of project cycles, from preliminary planning through to final design and implementation. This position is responsible for supporting tasks required for the sourcing and development of new products, as well as communicating daily with vendors on production.
Reports to: Product Development Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly plus Bonus
Work Days: Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM, occasional weekends for Trade Shows
Travel: <10% as needed
Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Unpack, photograph, label product samples, and assist in shipping
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets
- Maintain sample archive and material library
- Log emails and communication on Basecamp
- Schedule physical and virtual meetings with designers and vendors
- Assist in sample and mock up creation
- Coordinate design changes for reordered products as necessary, under direction of the PDM
- Provide support to PDM as required, including researching costs, sourcing, and comparative products
- Responsible for the product development of several skus each season, under direction of the PDM
- Communicate directly with vendors for design and development samples
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve margin requirements
- Meet key dates established by PDM
- Responsible for production artwork management, including creation when necessary
- Communicate project status weekly with PDM
- Problem solve design and development issues with PDM
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related field.
- Must be detail-oriented, very organized, and a strong communicator.
- Demonstrates multi-tasking skills working in a fast-paced environment.
- 1-3 years working in product development or related role.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in CAD software, preferably Rhino
- Microsoft Office/Google Sheets
Areaware is a New York City based producer of everyday objects that are functional and unusual. Our goal is to create thoughtful products that inspire an emotional response. We like to think we have a good sense of humor and that our objects are poetic. We wish to create a forum for young and local talent and together become a strong voice for American design. We believe that appreciation for beauty is central to what it means to be alive and want to embody this principle in even the simplest things.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to Alex Sperrazza at email@example.com