As Senior Sales Manager at Areaware, you will be responsible for managing the Areaware sales team, handling key accounts and international clients, driving new business development, yearly sales forecasting, and providing research and feedback to the product development team in the development of future Areaware collections.
You should be an excellent communicator, a highly organized manager, and a creative and pro-active thinker, with a proven track record in sales. Prior experience in the gift or home decor industry a plus.
This full time position will report to the Chief Design Officer and is based In Brooklyn, NY.
- Working with current key accounts and distributors worldwide and developing new relationships in these sectors.
- Overseeing in-house sales team, including:
- identifying potential sales opportunities and crafting a well-executed plan to close opportunities.
- performing regularly scheduled productivity and sales reviews.
- recruiting, interviewing, and coordinating onboarding of new staff.
- building and managing a motivational compensation plan that balances individual and company goals in a fair and consistent manner.
- Overseeing outside sales representatives.
- Creating collateral materials for in-house and outside sales teams.
- Providing feedback to Product Development and Marketing teams on sales trends.
- Accurately forecasting and reporting on monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue streams.
- Creating and managing departmental budget.
- Minimum experience of five years of sales management with a demonstrated ability to lead a sales organization.
- A deep understanding of the overall retail landscape and Areaware’s position in it, with specific category knowledge preferred in some or all of the following: housewares, toys and gifts.
- A demonstrated ability to connect, engage, and lead team members.
- The capability to arrange, organize, and conduct meetings in an effective manner.
- The ability to analyze data efficiently through CRMs, spreadsheets and other reporting tools that allow for strategic territory and forecasting assessment.
- Proficient in understanding new technology, adaptable to change, self-motivated, prompt, and exceptionally organized.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid holiday and personal days, health insurance and pension plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Senior Sales Manager" in the subject line.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the position is subject to review and change.